You know how it happens when you've neglected a friend for too long and suddenly getting back in touch seems awkward in a way? Or if a thank-you note goes too long unwritten, one might think "why bother?" (By "one," I don't mean "me," Mom!)
I'm feeling sheepish that way 'bout blogging. It's just been so long. But, since Dear Abby would say to jump right back in and call those friends and write those notes, I'm leaping into a peeved post.
April 1st, Fool's Day, is truly a waste of time. Unless, you're a kid. My boys already have the sprayer button on the kitchen faucet taped down so when Daddy goes to wash his hands this evening, he (might) get a spray he wasn't expecting. And I allow this sort of prankster thing to go on because their Daddy will be the FIRST to pour icy water into our baths and showers, or use the hand vacuum to suck on our feet and bottoms.
But, this is why April Fool's Day should be saved for children, because it just makes adults (ESPECIALLY JOURNALISTS) look like fools.
The print edition of this column does not boast the same OBVIOUS fine print as the online edition. So, someone like me who reads in a quick "Z" across the page is going to miss the joke. Even tho' I caught on pretty quickly, I was even MORE quickly angered when I realized it was a fairly lengthy column and a complete waste of time, space and valuable newsprint. And it's not even funny or clever.
Granted, she's the TV reporter, so it's not as tho' we should take her all so seriously, but she sat at her computer for HOW LONG and wasted company time on a column that's a joke. And they printed it!! And it's NOT FUNNY. UGHGHGHG!!!
Too bad the front page story about 900 people losing their jobs at Dell wasn't a joke. Or did I just miss the fine print?
2 comments:
It's that SILLY thing we don't like.
M'el
Welcome back to the blog, Hot Grannay. I've missed it tremendously...
Post a Comment