Bless his sweet little heart for FINALLY giving me something to post. I was determined not to talk about the heat. Goodness knows it's been hot, but it's June in Tejas and our a/c chugs along. I was determined not to talk about the late hour we've been waking on lo' these summer morns. Or the hours we've been going to BED. Mercy me, the Netflix Queue is a dream come true really ... all those INSTANT movies ... but I am LOSING some serious sleep! (I think I'm the only human who had NOT tuned in to Best of Show. Holy COW! Loved it. Dan in Real Life? Even better. Shopgirl? Quirky in sort of an icky and expected way, but I did LOVE Claire Danes' frocks.) I was determined not to talk about marathon training. CHOKE! What was THAT I just said?? Ack!!! WHAT marathon training? I crack myself up. So take a gander at The Short One minus a big ol' front tooth. It's just "preshush," really, the way he blows air thru it as he talks. He pulled it himself. "Well it was just hanging there and I couldn't eat my pizza." The day had finally come.

The day we saw "UP" wearing 3D glasses made me laugh so hard at the uncertain excitement in their faces, for fear of not knowing what would FLY off the screen, and the HILARITY of those ugly dang horn rims that I forgot how much we paid for matinee tickets and glasses. Movie was worth it. Touching, yes. Tears, yes. The beauty and loft of those multi-colored balloons just made me smile. But those GLASSES ... bwah ha ha ...

And THEN, THEN ... The Short One insisted on wearing them into Vacation Bible School the next morning expecting his group of 2nd grade "frogs" to "pop out" in front of his very eyes. I could not dissuade him. (I did not try very hard.) And when there was no popping? He left them on. Singing and dancing. In his glasses.
And, THEN, THEN, THEN, just the other day 'round 'bout 5:31 p.m., my Little Vanilla Bean, who also answers to Puddin' Pop but looks here like a Raspberry Parfait (or Sorbet ... or Beret!) and who I prefer to call Moonbeam ... turned one. She's perfect.

Moonbeam, who some call Monkey, Princess Grace and/or Hunka Hunka Burnin' Love with a Pink Bow on Top, loves her Grandmommy, who I call Mama. And I love 'em both.

Summer is just peachy. How in the world are you?
3 comments:
WHAT'S first? The tooth! He lost the tooth! Always a red-letter event. FFB! Go see Jack!
Sweetness and light! Thank you!
Madre el.
KT - you were SUPPOSED to LEAVE the 3D glasses at the theater in the strategically-placed 3D glasses receptacle at the exit (not the trash, but a real bucket thingie). I really have no choice but to make a citizen's arrest. I'm so sorry, but you have the right to remain silent, anything...OMG, your necklace is so pretty! I would make a lousy cop.
No, no T. Jo!! That receptacle was for RECYCLING of said glasses, making placement there OPTIONAL. Being that I paid a FORTUNE for said glasses, I'll see to it that SOMEONE in this family wears them as part of a Halloween costume! But, you WOULD make a lousy cop cuz you're too SWEET.
Post a Comment