Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Bean Cannes

So, tonight the boys and I watched "Mr. Bean's Vacation," because I am a mom who tolerates/adores Mr. Bean (R. Atkinson), Will Ferrell AND Jim Carey. Crazy. I know. Jim's my least favorite, Will's PURE GENIUS, and "Bean," in "Four Weddings and a Funeral" AIN'T far from it.
So, anyhoo, we're watching Bean, and the preview is for a Veggie Tales movie ... characters whom I DON'T rank in the comic genius category. A little too preachy. But, maybe they just had a preachy period and now they're branching out into something a little more "Bean-Like." More hard core, you know?
So, The Short One says to me, "I just love those fruits. Those fruits in Veggie Tales. They're funny fruits."
"Honey," I began, all the while knowing I should just Let. It. Lie. "They're vegetables."
"Well, now, HOW IN THE WORLD (and he said that.) ..." "How in the world do you know that? How do you know that when they're green and they're wearing pirate costumes?"
PURE genius? I guess I am.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Mr. Bean, too, Guvnah! Never seen any of the movies, but I loved the TV show...

Madre el said...

Precious, I say!!! Precious!

Madre el

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...I've just laughed and laughed. I'd misplaced this webblog addy and hadn't had a fix of your humor in eons. I've never made it all the way through any Veggie Tale, myself. My crew is watching Jim Carrey's version of the Grinch. Lydia is determined to wear her hair like CindyLou Who. Tain't happening.

Think we have croup, too. One minute fine and the next minute Foghorn Leghorn.

I will be back because I'm doing the smart "favorites" thing this time.

KT