Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Random Thoughts

Another edition of Random Thoughts ... aka I Just Can't Get My Thoughts Together ...

After a weekend of science fair project preparation (The Big One) and a gnarly stomach bug (The Short One), I sent both boys to school this morning in khakis and long-sleeved "church" shirts that are both just a taaaaad too short in the sleeves. Both boys have all-exciting field trips. TBO heads to the Paramount for The Nutcracker. My assignment to him is to tell me when he gets home who comes out of Mother Ginger's big ol' skirt. It's usually some local celebrity, but I bet a good portion of the ballet is cut for 3rd grade attention spans and bus schedules.

TSO is going w/ 23 other kinder classmates to TARGET to shop for a gift for a child from the children's shelter. Nice thought, but TORTUROUS field trip. GOD BLESS the parents that signed up for that one. I don't love my children enough to take them shopping for their friends' birthday party gifts. Imagine the chaos that will ensue w/ 24 of them! Surrounded by Target Holiday Treasures like that Talking Parrot from Hell and that God-Forsakenly Scary, Kid-Sized, Butterscotch Pony Thing.

I am feeling rather smug this morning because I realized after I pulled myself together and into clothes that, with the exception of my boots and ... a couple of other private things ... the sum of my outfit today ... while not EXCITING ... is completely thrifted. I didn't plan it. Just happened that way. Levi's skirt and layered tops from St. Vincent de Paul thrift shop and Levi's denim jacket from a lovely little thrift shop called Feather's Boutique on S. Congress. Don't go there. It's all mine. The 60s and 70s short skirts in wild prints that would KICK IT w/ boots and tights. Racks of long velvety skirts to pair w/ sparkly turtlenecks and any one of theeeeese lovely ballet babies ...

... that were delivered to me last week, most CERTAINLY from the North Pole. (Target. Online. 14.99. NO SHIPPING!) And coats. Just can't get enough of those in my closet, but I'm trying.

I told you these thoughts were random.

Since TSO had plenty of time on his hands this weekend when he wasn't face down in a trash can, he concluded that he enjoys CUTTING more than STAPLING. And the cutting of "construction worker paper," is much preferred over that "white computer paper ... you know, Mommy, where you sit. At the computer."

And TBO turned in a beauty of a science fair project. Engineered entirely by HIMSELF w/ a little input from The Tall One Who is His Dad, and me ... The Brave One Who Encountered Crazy Holiday People in Parking Lots and Craft Stores Many, Many Times. All for beads, corks, vinyl tubing and black foam board to prove that "Yes, Virginia, HURRICANES are increasing in number and intensity. Just like Al Gore says." Does he say that? Not sure.

Is Britney pregnant?

Are your Christmas cards mailed? We got our first Christmas card in the mailbox before Thanksgiving.

Love this stuff. Stay back or I might spritz you with it. YOU bake. I'm just going to smell like it.

It's been fun. Have a lovely day.

No comments: