Twice now, on these days with just the two of us, we've set off on long bike rides only to be stopped not far out of the driveway by flat tires, bad tires, bad chains. Today we even blew up, as in rendered inoperable, our bike pump.
So, we made a trip to the bike store by way of IHOP and I saw these. And I couldn't quite believe it.
Take a look at these, mama. Look at that little scrolly picture in the upper right. Those started out as pancakes. Then some sorta pink and blue "icing" erupted from them and started running down the sides. Then, confetti-colored sprinkles that look kinda like Nerds candy popped up. And that's a LOLLIPOP stuck in the top. It IS very Whoville dontcha think? But, thing is, nasty as they look in a carefully designed and styled photo ad, IMAGINE if you will, what they'll look like in REAL LIFE. Cuz I've SEEN the Rooty, Tooty Fresh and Fruity in the pictures with all its pretty dollops of whipped cream and fresh strawberries. (Come to think of it it looks pretty gross then too because I JUST CAN'T DEAL, people, w/ fruit and cream in my breakfast.) But, I've seen it on a plate on a nearby table. And. OH! ACK!! Gloppy clumps of glop!
An aside ... Didn't we all go into IHOP after an adults-only night out and DARE someone ... just DARE them to order the Rooty Tooty? Or the Moons Over My Hammy? And just giggle and giggle? No? Just me? OK ...
So, let's just hope The Short One never gets a whiff of Whoville pancakes because to the kid who doesn't want to die, go to heaven and just lay there with his eyes closed, THAT is what heaven is all about. A SUCKER in your 'cakes!!
***
In other breakfast news. THIS STUFF in the grapefruit variety is good, good, good. Tastes like fresh-squeezed. Delicious.
1 comment:
We were all in an IHOP on the SAME day? What are the odds??? Lady across from us - large plate of something covered in fruit and cream. I couldn't look either! Had it been the Whoville choice - I most likely couldn't have looked AWAY! Holy Cow! And someone will order that - eat the lollipop and leave the $8 pancakes (AFTER making mush on the plate!)
Madre
Post a Comment