Do you SEE that hole in my child's mouth? Look past the nostrils and the dirty fingernails and look at where his FIRST LOOSE TOOTH IS NOW MISSING!
Look past the anguish it has caused the last couple of days. "Mama, I just can't chew."
Look past the hopeful wiggling that has ensued for the last SIX MONTHS.
Look past the PRETENDING he'd lost all his teeth since his big brother lost a slew of teeth a couple years back, in what seemed like ONE DAY.
And look beyond the little plastic tooth holder necklace his teacher gave him to take home for the summer "just in case," that he WORE for several days until the string broke and he even placed the holder part beneath his pillow "to practice."
Look beyond all the emotion of the "last first loose tooth" of my children. The little white pearl that he used to bite HIS MOTHER.
And just go HERE for a minute ...
I PULLED THAT SON OF A GUN!!
I've never pulled a tooth in my life. Hate to touch a loose tooth. Hate to contemplate a loose tooth. Never wanted my teeth pulled. Never pulled my OWN teeth. Never touched The Big One's loose teeth.
The Short One asked me to pull it.
The Big One fetched me a Kleenex.
I obliged.
He sat still.
I got it on the first try.
He said, "Mom, you're cool. NOW can I have an apple?" And wrapped me in a hug.
I am the best mom in the whole wide world.
Good day.
4 comments:
Very good day. Congratulations.
Oh, I love to pull my kids lose teeth when they are ready. I have fond memories of my Dad pulling mine. He was so funny and made it so painless.
Congrats on losing his first toofer.
It's a banner event, all right. Congratulation to Jack on this awesome milestone! What's the Tooth Fairy's rate at your house?
YOU?????? PULLED HIS TOOTH????
Your "mommy" skills put mine in the shade!
M'el
Post a Comment