Monday, July 7, 2008

She really does smell like vanilla.

Man, I'm not sure how I got this lucky. I went thru this really long dry spell where no one, including me, was having babies. The Short One was born, the long dry spell ensued, and now six years later I've become a grandmother who calls herself a very youthful "G," and most recently an AUNTIE. A real-live one. The kind who can't resist elastic hair bows and pink, size zero Reef flip flops.

And I've also emerged from that very considerate phase where I respect a new mother's concern for germs and napping schedules. I feel that I must hold that baby NOW and THROUGHOUT her nap. Because, look at her! She's warm and pink and smells a whole lot like a chocolate chip cookie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh, I love the way you're gazing at each other. Bonding already. I spy her tiny little toes, too! Like corn niblets.

Madre el said...

This young lady is very very lucky to have her Aunt Katy! And she knows it------just look at her gaze!

M el