The Big One looks like he's very surely going to throw up, doesn't he? He didn't. I think he was just being "cool." They both woke w/ smiles on their faces this first day of school. In fact, The Short One was smiling before his eyes were even open and that SURELY won't last.
I miss them both tremendously today. And I don't think that happened last year. Or the year before that. It feels a little like being homesick. Like I felt the day after The Big One was born and I realized that only yesterday I was pregnant and eating Cheerios and today I'm NOT pregnant and eating Cheerios. And those Cheerios didn't taste nearly the same. Because yesterday he was just mine. And today I have to share him.
I'm so very excited for my Ones and this new adventure. But today I miss them. They're wearing new watches so they know when it's time to come home to mama.
***
I spent a lovely morning with The Tall One on a bike ride w/ no flat tires and no faulty tire stems ... just a long ride with tired legs. It was fun to go fast and then slow and to ride with no real direction in mind. I'd forgotten how much I enjoy the sound and feel of acorns crunching under my bike tires. We ate lunch together in a restaurant where we wouldn't normally invite our children. And I highly recommend wine before an eyebrow wax.
1 comment:
Funny thing about this first day of school ------ I missed them too! Truly! And all day!
Madre el
Post a Comment