Monday, February 28, 2011

Health food.

Sweet Sarah, my friend who just had a baby girl merely hours ago ... well 36+ ... but STILL ... hours (!), always encourages me to blog.  And she says I don't have to be creative or thoughtful.  Just write.  She tells me to write about what we're having for dinner. 
We're having chicken strips from a frozen bag.
Macaroni and cheese from a box.
Mashed potatoes from the dirt. (Really!  Straight from produce.)
And milk.  Not from the cow.  Well FROM the cow but not STRAIGHT from the cow.
It's The Big One's favorite meal.
And he's the one going up against a bunch of other sweaty middle school boys for a spot in athletics next year.
"Mom, they said we could wear cleats on Day Two of tryouts."
"Sweetie, you don't have any cleats."
He does now.

1 comment:

Madre el said...

Sounds like POWER food to me! Happy to see the post - I've missed them! Think FB is replacing blogging - or so I've read.

Madre