Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day



Overheard in downtown restaurant today 'round noon:

Young, Hip Guy #1: "So, dude, tell me. How IS it being married?" (He REALLY said "dude.")

Younger, Hip Guy #2: Lots of intelligible and unintelligible mumbo jumbo about "Great, man. I waited a long time ... dated more than 3 years ... [something about being] lucky ... compatible."

Young, Hip Guy #1 (wearing a really bad embroidered shirt, I might add): "That's great man ... better than the alternative?"

Y'erHG #2: " ... than being single?"

YHG #1: "No, MAN, better than SHACKIN' UP!?!?!"

At this point I choked on my salsa and didn't hear the answer from Y'er HG#2. Guys REALLY DO talk about girl stuff! They do!!

It was a happy day of red shirts, cold breezes, healthy exercise, haircuts, pink socks, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, picnic dinners by candlelight, and the real story of St. Valentine ... I'd never heard it in all my years. It speaks of bringing light to those who may be living in darkness. And it doesn't say anything 'bout "shackin' up."

Love to all the men in my home ... The Big One, The Short One and The Tallest One I know.