Occasionally, on a Wednesday, I'll glance into the backseat and see The Short One's head bobbing in sleepy fashion and, if a sudden stop or speed bump jolts him semi-awake, hear him muttering, "... get home ... Popsicle ... backhoe digger ..., 'k Mohhmmmmm ...?"
This usually means I can load him from carseat to couch w/o protest and gain a full hour of "desk time" before he wakes and The Big One arrives home.
So, while at my desk, I offer these spring pictures from our 'hood. The red bud blooms appeared overnite. They've never been my favorite spring bloom, but this year they've made our wagon-walks to school so pleasant, that they're near the top of "My List of Favorite Spring Things."
Also on the list?
Spring clearance sales of fall shoes.
BLUE skies.
Patent leather purses.
Sought-after summer camp registration confirmations arriving in the mail.
Sno Cone stands propping their awnings for business.
Bike rides.
Popsicles ...
... and backhoe diggers.
Spring blessings to all...