She used to serve us "Nine Pizzas" until "they" decided to haul off and knock Pluto out of our solar system. Those are the planets. Get it? Start at the sun, work your way out, and add an asteroid belt in there between Mother and Just.
Lemme just say 3rd grade homework is kicking my asteroid belt. Kicking it hard.
The Big One's work load wasn't too oppressive until we took most of last week "off," played hooky from school, and traveled to the land of room service, swimming pools, book reading, family, and more of that FABULOUS Greek food. On the day we left town and each school day since we returned, his back pack has been "neck-rubbing-raw" heavy. HEAVY! Tests, lists, projects, planets, ARGHH!
And I find myself being so much more involved this year. The work itself, and the management of the time it takes, is in HIS capable hands. So, I'm not so much a helper, as a personal assistant ... a secretary ... a cheerleader!!
"MY. VERY. EAGER.MOTHER ... ASTEROID BELT ..." add singing and dancing and arm-waving. You get the picture.
So to calm my nerves and soothe my tired mind, I did a little MORE shoe shopping recently. Have you HEARD of this place?? I'd seen ads, shopped its massive inventory more than once, but I'd never ordered. Until Monday. A bargain pair of comfy shoes at HALF OFF the store price (I've looked!), NO TAX, NO SHIPPING ... 100% guaranteed w/ free return postage.
Here's the real kick ... I ordered them on Monday 'round 10:48 a.m. They were on my doorstep yesterday afternoon at 5:07!! That's hardly 24 hours!
Oh, that's it. I'm tired. I've got barely 4 hours before I'll fill my afternoon w/ math quizzes and spelling words written in bubble letters. Life was so easy in the land of Hannah Montana and sno cones ... in the summer ... before school. My brain hurts. My feet don't.
2 comments:
Ain't THAT the truth. The gravy train that was K-2 has ground to a HALT! I, too, am sad that Pluto has been relegated to a mere "large ice object" or whatever the Worldwide Federation of Scientists Who Are Mainly At This Meeting For The Free Mojitos decided upon. I guess we're "lucky" in that my boy has always had teachers who've given lots of homework, so that part isn't too new but, DANG, 3rd grade is serious biznazz.
I help a third-grader every day with homework and he informed me exactly today that, "Pluto is no longer in our Solar System."
I asked, 'Oh, yeah... I think you're right. They changed that recently didn't they? Well, what Solar System is it in then?"
He replied, "I dunno."
Post a Comment