Monday, September 17, 2007

Random Thoughts

When my Madre and I exchange emails containing a range of topics like gay marriage, low rise jeans and where St. Genevieve wine is on sale this week, we call 'em Random Thoughts.

So ... Random Thoughts it is:

1. I'm athinkin' that Crayola needs to rethink its inclusion of the color YELLOW in its containers of color dotz bath water coloring tablets. In this family at least, it is TOO alarming and near to reality to see your 5-year-old submerged in a tub of tee tee-colored water.

2. Would it not just be a HOOT to see OJ go down for ROBBERY? After seeing what I guess was a rerun of Oprah last week starring some of the old OJ cast of characters, I decided then and there (in the here and now ... and w/o further ado and a whole bunch of other should-be-banned cliches) that whether or not, as a young adult I thought, or cared, that he was GUILTY, I realllly don't like any of those people. In fact, of ALL of them ... Ito, Clark, Darden, Kato, Shapiro, Cochran, that COP and those Goooooooldmans (ACK!! Please STOP the anger. End the drama. FIND peace. Pray for it. Please!! Kim, I'm mostly talking to youuuuu!), I can probably tolerate OJ the most. Crazy, bizarre, leather-loafer- and glove-wearing, murdering (probably) man that he is, as long as I'm not in an enclosed space w/ him (like a wrought iron fence, front porch-like place) I could probably share space w/ him. Very, very public and highly-guarded space.

3. These shoes hurt my feet. And I've given them lots of chances to redeem themselves. Including two chances in the last two days. These shoes DON'T hurt my feet. I LOVE these shoes. And THIS STORE will see to it with their FINE customer service and can-do attitude that I have the shoe I need at the price I like. The shoe department fellas now likely think I have a crush on them since I've a stack of receipts from the many times I've returned and exchanged shoes just since SATURDAY. Let's just say I started w/ $90 shoes I kinda liked in the wrong size and ended up w/ a $39.99 pair of shoes in the RIGHT SIZE that I love. (And, Sean, Brian, Josh, Andrea, Ed and some guy I don't know your name ... I LIKE you, but don't so much love you. But, I love your shoes. And I'll tell everybody I know. If I haven't already.)

4. Holy moth balls, Batman, there are LOTS of vintage clothing stores in this town. Thrift stores, yes, I knew. But, the vintage ... the Levis denim, the billowy dresses, the WAY TOO SHORT 60s shifts ... they're out there. In FAB colors and pristine condition. And I'm so glad to have found them. Pit stains, be damned.

5. When I was little I had a full-sized canopy bed. And I had a veritable cornucopia of sheets to dress said bed ... (and I was not quite as rife w/ cliches as I am now) ... and one set was flannel and had little billowy, cartoon sheep on it. And I've still got the sheets and I've got no full-sized bed to dress, but I've kept the sheets just cuz. I've worn the pillow cases to a mess of flannel that is ... yes ... tattered and torn. I have carried my sheep pillowcase to my birthing suite, every trip, every overnight stay since my childhood ... as has The Big One. Now, they're in shreds. I do not own a sewing machine. But, I've sheets to sew into new sets of cases. We are sentimental about these sheep. I will PAY you to sew me some SHEEP pillowcases. CHEAP. Cheap, sheep sheets. Por favor!?!

6. And, finally, if you're still reading. THIS is the greatest purse in the world. Or at least I think it is. I'll never know. Unless it goes on sale for $39.99 manana. I NEED me a leather Man Purse! And, come to think of it, I saw a man in a Man Skirt the other day. Not a kilt, but a khaki, pleated number. And it wasn't too disturbing.

7. I'm very much enjoying this easy little book.

How are THOSE for Random Thoughts???

1 comment:

Jamie said...

What? Merrells are like the most comfortable shoes in the whole entire world! I can't believe they hurt your feet?!?