So, when I pulled a gallon of milk from the cooler at the grocery store last week and saw that the expiration date was the same as The Big One's birthday, I was kinda too excited to say, "Lookkee here, what does thisssss say?"
The Big One: "I don't know ... 2008 and then 1 and then 14. Huh? So?"
Me: "Well, sometimes the months and years are screwed around, like if this milk is from Canada or something. Just rearrange the numbers. Look. It's fun. Like this. ONE. FourtEEEENNN. 2008. Seeeee, that's whoooooose birthday?"
TBO: "I don't get it."
ME: "Oh, for Pete's sake. 1.14 and then 2008. I was just trying to be clever and show you that this milk expires on your birthday. YOUR birthday. Right there it says so. In purple ink."
TBO: "What do you mean it 'expires'?"
ME: "You know. Gets sour."
TBO: "That's great, Mom. So, on my birthday I get to drink sour milk. Sooo not cool."
***
A brief Thursday product review ...
1. Even my boys who like Fruit Loops more than Dr. Pepper, and who would love to put Dr. Pepper ON their Fruit Loops, thought these were nasty. And this surprises me more than you know. Usually anything from their beloved Girl Cousins becomes an instant addiction. Like camo toenail polish.
2. These tissues were free w/ a grocery store coupon. They creep me out just a little. Something about putting anything "anti-viral" so near my delicate nose. Seems that "citric acid" is the active ingredient. Well, it has RIPPED ME UP. They're like tissue paper. The kind you use in gift bags. Rough stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment