Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Sundry

So, she's the one who told me in college that "if your roommate dies, you get an automatic 4.0." And then we seriously considered killing our roommates. Not that SHE needed any help, Ms. Smartest Girl in the Whole Damn Geography Department. (Who cares what the top S. American exports really are??? Aren't they all the same?? 1. Bananas. 2. Coffee. 3. I forget. But, she HASN'T!! Probably. And I think, before our junior year, she also knew that Egypt was in Asia. I didn't. It IS in Asia, right?)

She's one of the smartest people ... IN THIS WORLD ... that I know. And it's not just SMART, but it's SMART mixed w/ COMPASSIONATE. And that makes her EXTRA smart.

But, for all her smarts, she tried to kill me on this aquatic contraption the other day. She did. She went so fast so ... very fast ... that I had to use one hand to hold her hat on her head and the other to hold on for my life by grabbing her boobs. And I screamed like a girl. My brother-in-law did the same thing. He'll tell you he didn't grab any boobs, but there was definitely screaming. Girl screaming. "She needs to be caged, this one!" he said.

But she uses that same KILLER determination and breakneck mental speed to save families and children. Families who are falling apart and the children who need someone to save them. I tell her she "saves the world." And she does.

Right after this picture was taken, she made me scream. And laugh really loud. And then she and her lovely family gave me a big ol' donation for my bike ride. She gets a 4.0 from THIS "professor."


***
In other news, Andrea has this lovely creation for sale over at Superhero Designs. How BADLY do I want the new "Bloom?" B.A.D.L.Y.

***

I've a couple of new links* over there to the right under "shoe strings." New blogs I read. One is The Pioneer Woman, who keeps forcing me to cook. The other is my good friend Danny and his "Confessions" blog. He is a darned good writer, that Danny. And he's FUNNY. He's also a darned good father. And husband. (From what I hear.) AND, his WIFE is also supremely talented. If she doesn't guest-post soon I'm taking my toys and going home.

***
A blessed, blessed Easter to you. We have our eggs boiled. They're all WHITE and sitting there in the fridge. But, we have forgotten to dye them 'til today. We were SUPPOSED to dye them today. But, we have new haircuts, so that HAS to count for something!

No comments: