
In all fairness to summer movies, I'll say that this little diddy FAR surpassed our last visit to the big screen.
I really didn't think I could DO penguins again. Even w/ a chicken thrown in for variety. I'd read it was a good show ... kids liked it and reviewers seemed to like it. Adult reviewers, that is.
And it WAS sweet. Touching. Kind. And more importantly where MY children were concerned, FUNNY.
The penguins could've been any animal, really. They just happened to be penguins on surfboards. I'm thinking beagles would've been cute. But, I know from experience that beagles are NOT very aerodynamic or agile, so maybe penguins WERE a good choice.
I appreciated the language, the tone of voice, the respect (generally) for one another, the loyalty, the humor of these particular penguins ... oh, and chicken. They had kind faces. Contemplative faces.
And the chicken didn't come off NEARLY as "pot headed" as I'd expected ...
Cute movie.
There's A/C. And it's HOT out ...