Thursday, June 7, 2007

Sweeeet Victory!!



Thank you, Sweet Jesus!! For FINALLY sending your elusive, mobile "Kid Heaven" so that The Short One could partake of all its goodness.

How we've WAITED and WAITED for a sign from you that the Ice Cream Senorita would avail herself to us. So many tears have been shed. All hope seemed lost.
When she finally appeared, The Short One TRIED to obey the rules of the pool and WALK over to her. He really did. But, the power of the sweet vision was just too great. He moved in kind of a walk, hop, skip, run ... oops ..., skip, hop on one foot, then the other, shift, shift, scoot motion. I remember the same allure reeling me into the record store when I was young. The prospect of 3/$.99 45s was too great. I couldn't walk. I HAD to run.
For The Short One, you provided a bounty of flavors from which to choose. Fudge pops, Choco Tacos, Li'l Bratz bars complete w/ poofy lips and gumball bling. The Short One settled on a "Danny Phantom" ice cream pop w/ "eye gums" that I got to HOLD while he licked and slurped, since the elemental composition of your novelties change from a solid to a liquid the MINUTE the package is removed. It's CRAZY how fast they melt. Crazy.
We've tested 'em before. Their melting powers. At the beach. We took off the wrapper and laid the pop in the sand. It APPEARED to retain it's shape. I mean, it LOOKED like Tweety and Spongebob were sunning themselves on the sand. But, they seem to melt from the inside out, since many minutes later Tweety and Sponge were still intact, BUT when we touched the stick, they turned to a river of yellow, leaving nothing behind but four "eye gums." Sad.
We have lots of time on our hands at the beach, don't you see. So send your gifts our way again. In whatever shape you choose. Strawberry Shortcake. Ninja turtles.
Giant, orange cans of insect repellent.
Ice cold Shiner Bock ...
We're not picky.