Saturday, December 27, 2008

Home Alone

While The Short One and I have been home alone today, and the taller boys in our family have been shooting birds from the sky in West Texas, we have viewed "Bedtime Stories" and watched "Home Alone." I am currently seeing things largely thru the eyes of a 6-year-old.
If I was typing on my newly-acquired Facebook page, I'd tell you "Katy is ... remarking on the complex simplicities of childhood." (Children. They need so much that is really so little.)
1. Snow
2. Ice cream (Those roly plastic soccer balls you toss around that hold ice and 1/2 and 1/2, HOLY COW, really WORK!)
3. Tic Tacs
4. Cheese pizza
5. Christmas
6. A soft blanket
7. All the lights on
8. Family
7. Mom
Otherwise, those children. They make that loud, hand-holding screamy face. And Mom can feel it from miles away.
I like it better this way.
Just me and him.
Laughing.
With ice cream and blankets.

1 comment:

Bubble Girl said...

sounds like a nice day!