*** OF THE WORST PARTS OF TODAY? Dropping an $8.12 bottle of raspberry chipotle sauce, that I purchased w/ the sole intent of using 1 TABLESPOON of it in salad dressing, in the driveway this morning. ONE TABLESPOON. I did grab a slab of cream cheese on which to slather the rest, but the sauce became wedged between my car door and the seat. And I'm usually so careful about that. But I was probably sidetracked by some sort of mommy guilt. And SMASH. DAMMIT!! I said it LOUD. And it was much too early for such language. The boys say it looks like I killed something in the driveway. And when I unloaded the milk into the fridge? Found a whole HALF bottle of that damn sauce already there. DAMMIT!! Otherwise I'd give you my cream cheese.
***
It's been a good day. A good day right up until my LEAST FAVORITE time of day. I was one of those moms who did not adore my baby's bath time. If it was at night. Unless I bathed them in the morning when I was fresh and they weren't. But, really? What good did that do, because sure as you can say "squeaky clean," Baby Boy was spitting up breast milk and oatmeal or, oh my diapers, and all that wet work was for nothing. By, bath time, I'm so OVER the day. Because post-bath there's yet more reading and multiplication tables ("that you should've known LAST YEAR!") and arguments and general unhappiness because ... we're all unhappy and ready for bed. This is when I should be able to pull myself up and act my age, because, well, I'm the MOM. But, there's a dirty kitchen waiting and projects to finish and doors to lock and coffee to make, and ugh! I just get so tired of TALKING.So, I wish I could make the really WORST part of my day the BEST part of my day. And I'm going to work on that.
I just find it so hard to divide my time. I want to have time to talk to one (about the FANTASTIC moment we had today giving that sweet, and rather handsome beneath the wind burn, homeless man and his girlfriend a coat and socks and soap and a little bit of money and don't tell me I'm not supposed to do that because he mighta bought something to keep him warm even if he drank it!), but the other keeps calling. I really want to connect w/ one but the other needs water ... a kiss ... something wiped.
This is something I really need to work on. The patience. And the not accusing The Short One of LYING on his homework. (Does that REALLY matter that much? In first grade?)
Because I am deeply blessed and healthy and not FREEZING tonight when I very well could be. (It's COLD. Like Connecticut cold. In Texas.) I need to read more Christmas books.
Because we're warm and safe. And I've GOT to appreciate that more than I do.
I'm going to work on this. I HAVE to.
That's it. Thanks for listening.
1 comment:
I feel your pain. Tho it's so much easier to "work on it" after they're finally in bed. And asleep ...
Post a Comment