Since I'm so frequently being told on the phone that I sound "so professional." Or like a recording. Or like a secretary. Or like my answering machine. OR, after my "Hello," I just get that long pause before my caller says, "Oh, it's really you. I was waiting for the beep." And, frankly, I'm sick of it. From now on, it's RING RING, "WHATTHEHELLDOYAWANTMERRYCHRISTMAS?" So, SINCE all of THAT, you can just PRETEND this is a recording telling you that I'll be back as soon as he's BITTEN her already. He just HAS to bite her! (He does, right? NOOOO. NOOO. NOOOOO. Don't tell me.) And once that's done, I'll also wrap presents and mail Christmas cards and make a grocery list and COOK and bake and stuff stockings and depart this immortal literary state and become HUMAN again.
But, he does? Bite her? Doesn't he?
Nooooooo. Really.
Don't.
BEEP.
1 comment:
Dare I say, perhaps he's bitten YOU? ;-)
Post a Comment