Monday, February 9, 2009

Expectations

Let me say that if I actually owned the pigtails I so desperately seek, they would've been BLOWING in the wind yesterday. There was a West Texas wind blowing in Austin yesterday and Lizzie Lou and I set our best cycling pace yet for 25 miles ... didn't we? I thought we did pretty good. And we're never actually "nose down" racing ... we have to be able to chat. About things like Facebook and Grey's Anatomy. But we do ride w/ a purpose.
Yesterday's ride was for for Three Sweet Mamas.
1. My own Mama (and V. Axe). My parents have given so generously for each mile I'll ride.
2. My Mama's BFF. "The One Who Shares a Birthday With Jesus." JESUS!! A birthday on Christmas day. There is probably no one w/ whom I go back as far. She "mama'd" me as an infant when I WOULDN'T stop crying. And, later, as a co-worker when I sometimes felt like it.
3. Sweet Jen. Who blogs and mothers and is a whirlwind of energy and a fighter for her own oh-so-worthy causes.
You might not think it's possible to be as grateful as I am. But it is. And I am.

I've got several posts in the "draft folder" that have been in the works since December. Posts where I talk about broken wine glasses, my brother, my brother-in-law (the one we call Funny Daddy), and The Short One calling freckles, "skin-colored spots." And since my family and their quirks is why I started this Web-log-of-all-trades, I've gotta get those OUT of drafts and INTO posts before I very surely CRACK UP.

And speaking of "cracking up," I've been watching THIS little gem this weekend.



And it's not brand new, but DANG it's funny. And the only thing funnier than THIS is listening to Tracey Jackson laugh at this. I love laughing with her.

No comments: