Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Just so you know.

Girls, girls, girls. THIS IS A PRETTY, PRETTY STORE. And The Tall One shopped here for me some birthday goodies and he always goes WAAAYYY overboard and I love it when he does that, but his theory is, "You're not going to buy this kinda stuff for yourself and I'm not quite sure WHAT you would buy if you DID buy quality goods for yourself, so I'm going to pick up a few high end things and then you can use them like gift cards to exchange and find yourself things you NEEEED." And love.
Thing is, he did VERY well, indeed. Nothing too crazy sexy looking and the sizes were about right. And no outlandish "Stella McCartney for Adidas"-wear. Stella? McCartney? For Adidas? Say it ain't so!!
So, just a plus and a minus here and there to my bag of purchases and I'm a happy mommy.
And then I dashed over to Run Tex to retrieve my Race for the Cure packet and bumped ... not kidding ... BUMPED into Rick Perry just finishing a run or SOMETHING that caused his pretty hair to be very disheveled. BUMPED to the point his "secret service" guys kinda lunged toward me w/ this quizzical look on their faces. (And I tend to see Rick often at sporting events. Just about each one I enter, 'cept Danskin, and he always gives me "guns" when I say "Heeeyyyy, Rick Perry!" Like some teenage groupie. You know pointy finger guns like a car salesman on TV?) Today he didn't give me guns, but when he shook my hand, he kinda got all hung up in my fashionable, glow in the dark green skull ring from The Short One's school party. And it was awkward and funny.
A funny day w/ FUN clothes.

No comments: