I officially kicked off the 2009 COOL BOOTS cycling season with an easy, BREEZY 15 miles of some easy ups and downs and lots of "big gears." Those open road gears that get the mph up as high as it's gonna get w/o the help of a hill and on a day like today made me suck wind and commit to wearing my windbreaker next time.
IT WAS FREAKING COLD and I would not be able to type but for my fingers already being frozen into a handlebar grip-like state! Beautiful, sunny day. But, there is definitely some BLUE in that air. And now in my chest. Oh, the coughing and the hacking with the cedar allergies and the chest cold ...
Today's ride was for The Family of My Pie Crust Friend. Aka My Pillow-Case Making Friend. My Foodie Friend. My Gardener Friend. My Just About Anything Having to do With Delicious Food Friend. My Strong Enough to Drag HER Bike and MY Heavy *&$ out of Oncoming Traffic Friend.
They are my very first donors on my 2009 MS 150 quest. And I am truly touched. Outstanding athletes, THEY are. And they chose little ol' ME to root for. I'm just going to have to do something very nice for those friends!!
If I defy death and beat this cold and allergy season with the right combo of exercise and medication, I will ride to MAKE YOU ALL PROUD in April.
I promise.
3 comments:
Phooey! And phooey! WE wanted to be first!
M.el
Ain't NO shame in second place. :) Who wants to be third?? Fourth?? Slow and steady wins the race.
It's coming! It's coming!
M'el and "Axe"
Post a Comment