Tonight I was tucking The Big One into bed. It's usually a very speedy process. Because he's already DONE everything that I have to tell his little brother to do.
Put on your pajamas.
Brush your teeth.
Go to the potty.
Choose your clothes for tomorrow.
Find your backpack.
Pack it.
"Good night."
"Good night, Mommy."
"Sleep well and I'll see you in the morning."
"OK."
"I'm proud of you."
"OK."
"Alright, I'll see you ... in the morning."
"Wait."
"OK, what?"
"Let's talk. About anything."
"Anything?"
"You pick."
"OK. Wanna talk about girls?"
(That got a snicker, but a "no.")
"Tell me what you do during the day while I'm at school."
It put him right to sleep, but I'm so happy he asked.
Night. Night.
And thanks.
2 comments:
Wow! That's a memory out of the blue! I was asked the same thing by KJK!
M.el
I love that story. Sweet boy is thinking of you during the day while a thousand things are going on around him. And he's wondering what you're doing. **Sniff.
Post a Comment