Friday, January 23, 2009

A work in progress.

Edited to add ... now those blog links are on the RIGHT! :)

***
There are so many things terribly wrong w/ the temporary design of this Boots Blog that it makes me recall my sophomore Intro to Design prof rubbing her temples when we turned in our first attempts at a tri-fold brochure produced on our clankety old-now, new-then Apple Macs where we had TYPEFACES! And COLORS! And BORDERS! All new. All fancy. And all under the command of our clickety new mouse.
"Just ... don't do it all it once," she pleaded.
"One element at a time."
I'm just so darn tired of the green bubbles on the blog. I'll figure something out that looks more appealing. I promise no buttons or bows.
Or ACK! MUSIC that kicks in WITHOUT your permission.
That will NEVER happen here.
You have my word.


***
More important that ME or my blog is a few links I've added to blogs that I read. They're marked like this (*) over there on the left. Each of the blogs I began reading at sad, sad times in the writer's lives. Their writing was remarkable THEN. And as they've healed and written some more, I think they're even MORE remarkable. I aspire to that. Without the sad.

No comments: