With only a couple of bebopping exceptions, KIDS who attend ACL Music Fest with 75-80K of their "closest (and much taller and patient) friends" are MISERABLE. MISERABLE. We saw babies, toddlers, slightly bigger kids and even preteens who, without a hefty appreciation for quirky music, can NOT tolerate heat, a sea of people like I've NEVER seen, miles and miles of walking, smoke, HEAT, volume and just the fact that they are SHORTER than everyone and completely overwhelmed.
This "kid" was FINE. And smiley. And in love with it all. And SUCH a good sport.
Back at it tomorrow. And the next.
I may need a mama stroller. What with my advancing age and all.
26 days to my next year!
(For Mama, the people are friendly and patient, the food DELICIOUS and local, the lines swift, the place CLEAN ... no trash anywhere. We wore sunscreen. The Big One made it onto the jumbo screen at his "VERY BEST SHOW EVER." Front row!! I have a picture. ;)

2 comments:
You did it! You are the coolest mama EVER!!!
I LOVE it all! What fun and what memories you are making! I've been looking for my bandana for next year.....I'll make The Big One so proud!!!
Post a Comment