Today I lunched and gala'd with the very sweetest group of women celebrating good works with a fruit plate, a silent auction and a fashion show. (And I won TWO prizes ... sqeeee!!) The fashions were culled from my favorite thrift shop in town ... the Saint Vincent de Paul store on trendy South Congress. Fun and funny how great and spirited the models were, some changing outfits multiple times and QUICKLY.
One of the sweetest introductions a model received, was to be recognized by the emcee as "Jane's daughter," and the audience, some 150+ in attendance, all murmured their sweet approval. "Oh ... JANE'S daughter," they seemed to say together. "Well, then she must be alllllright." And I thought THEN how the highest vote of approval one can achieve MUST BE to be KNOWN and RECOGNIZED as someone's daughter.
But, THEN ... I got an email from The Short One's teacher, and SHE said ... "As his MOM, you will want to know ..." and THEN I THOUGHT ... to be someone's MOM. GAH!!!! BONUS!!!
WELL ... I'm BOTH ... and that's better than cool new boots ANY day.
2 comments:
..and I'm the lucky one....I have you!
...and I'm the lucky one....I have you!
Post a Comment