Friday, October 7, 2011

GRAS Day 7.

Today Bubble Boy (is that really what we're calling him?) ... aka Dear Friend and Computer/Tech Savior ... that's TOTALLY what should be on his business cards ... asked me how GRAS was going.  He REALLY asked.  And he seemed to really care.  Sweet fella, he is.
Not that THAT surprised me.  He's always nice like that.
But what HAS surprised me is the interest I share w/ others over the death of Steve Jobs.
People who know me know that my iPhone is a miracle to me.  I understand nothing about how it works.  It easily and completely frustrates me. (Another thing BB can attest to!)
And its maintenance takes far more time than I wish to give it. 
But, something about the brilliance of the man, the loyalty of his flock and the energy of his existence ... well, it's sad it's gone ... at least in human form.
The best headlines I've read about his death ... and the story is rife w/ headline-writing possibilities ... are:
"Apple loses it's core" and "Jobs:  The Apple of our i"  ...
This tribute reminded me of this blog post at a time of another sad departure.
Partly because they both discuss shoes.
But mostly because both of these guys knew when to "give a shit."

+++
I'm currently listening to this book.  Hoo boy!  It'll make you thumb your nose at the little things.  But, I'm enjoying every syllable. 

1 comment:

Bubble Girl said...

So glad you linked to the post from '08. Loved it then. Loved it now. And the post about Steve. Well, what more is there to say??