Outdoor cooking.
Flowers. Yes even flowers in this blistering drought.
Refried beans. Not Mexican food. Refried beans. Like Taco Bell, but better.
Ice cream.
Refrigeration. Like someone held the door open too long and fresh A/C snuck out.
And sounds.
People sounds.
Voices.
Laughter.
Music.
Pavement.
It's a good thing. A day in the Jeep.
I'm surprised by how much I enjoy it.
Even w/o the beach.
I should say ESPECIALLY w/o the beach.
NOT a beach girl.
Unless it's cloudy and cold and the fireplace is smoking and there is a book and cozy beverage nearby.
But that's not a Jeep story. That's a beach story.
And there's one comin'.
+++
I got to be a good Samaritan today. Poor guy broke down in the hamburger drive-thru. I had the available jumper cables. Lady in front of me had the handy battery access and hood lift.
Me + her + one guy who operated the cables in partnership w/ the burger employee = broke-down fella who could hit the road again with his horrified and embarrassed wife and milkshake in the front seat.
It was a fun feeling.
1 comment:
"...battery access and hood lift..."? Eek! Tell the Tall One I need more lessons!!!
Madre
Post a Comment