Monday, May 21, 2007

Say ... what?

The Short One FINALLY accepts there are things in our language called LETTERS; those letters make up WORDS; and I think he understands that just 'round yonder mountain, he's going to be expected to make sense of all this ... nonsense.
Yesterday ...
Pointing to the letters on the side of my car, "Mommy, what's that say?"
"Expedition," I say.
"What's next?" The Short One asks.
"Eddie Bauer," I reply.
"Who's that?" he continues.
"A guy. Makes jeans, tents and cars."
Walking to the front of the car, he points to the blue logo plate in front.
"Mommy?" he queries w/ just a little finger point to the logo and a questioning smirk. As in, "Here they are again ... letters ... do I need to keep reminding you it's your job to read to me?"
Knowing he's somewhat of a truck man, I asked The Short One, "Well, what do YOU think it says?"
"CORVETTE????" he asked w/a smile and a head-cocked tease.
"HARDLY!!" I reply.
"OHHHHH ..." (In all seriousness ...), it's a HARRRRRLEY ..."

BINGO!!