Monday, October 18, 2010

Day 18. Surprises.

I won't be so shallow as to say that having a DVR has MADE me who I am in this life, but since I've already admitted that I'm ruled by People Magazine, I may as well admit that it's made my life a helluva lot easier.  And my TV watching more diverse.  I can now not only tune into network series that I've followed for years, but can now stay up w/ TLC gems like Sister Wives and Hoarders, over on Discovery.  IF I feel like it.  I wouldn't have committed to them in the VCR days, but now they're always a delete key away from a clean TV-watching slate.  
+++
Today The Big One brushed his teeth arbitrarily in the middle of the afternoon.  I didn't request this action OR ask why.
He also forgot until bed time that his science fair topic w/ topic summary was due in the morning.
He also forgot which subheads he was required to put on his world cultures project.
He also forgot to give me his gym clothes to wash.  AGAIN.
He FINALLY showed me exactly how he likes his hair.  RIGHT at this moment.  "Look NOW!  Quick!  I won't move."  This will make our mornings so much easier.
And he's a big cousin again.

For now, in my house, we're gonna call this baby boy Snowball.
Of the sweet, pink, confectionery-smelling variety.
Even tho' he's blue thru and thru.
Sweet baby boy.

1 comment:

Madre el said...

Snowball. Thinkin' on it!

Hair, much like jeans, must DO RIGHT in this family! :)