It's not pretty. Nor glamorous. But I'm setting aside my box of tissues long enough to say that without STEROIDS ... you heard me, The Juice, I would not survive the fall. And the winter.
They complete me.
The Big One struggles w/ allergies, but he's not usually bothered until the winter and The Evil Cedar.
These days, The Short One is one big blubbering sniff.
"Can you just give your nose one good sniff and rest it awhile," I'll ask.
"I try, but it keeps coming."
"Hey here's a concept. How about a blow?"
"I can't."
"You can't? It's like blowing bubbles underwater."
"He can't do that either," The Big One chimes in.
"He can't?"
"He can't."
"I can't."
"How do you know he can't?"
"I've tried to teach him."
"When?"
"Yeah, when?"
"That time when we were in the deep end and it was cold and mom forgot snacks. And wat ... Oh nevermind, you never believe me. No one ever believes me."
"Mom, I didn't say (sniff) that I didn't believe (sniff) him. He's always mad at me and ..."
HEY HORMONES!! HEY SENSITIVE!!
Mama's head feels like a bowling ball, I can't breathe and I'm still several days away from the steroid shot that will propel me w/ good sinus health thru this unbearable season.
LAY THE HECK OFF one another and go blow your nose!
"I can't."
"He can't."
"I've tried to teach him but he only wants to use his blanket for a Kleenex ..."
"Kleenex HURTS and you DID NOT try to teach me ..."
Would someone please pass a fork to scratch the roof of my mouth and a syringe fulla SOMETHING?? Just a little something to dull the pain.
Sniff.
Sniff.
Sniff.
Sniff.
"No one understands me ..."
"He's made at me ..."
Earplugs?
1 comment:
Lots of smiley faces for this blog ----however, I am so so sorry about how you feel!
Post a Comment