From The Short One (TSO) I've learned I'm more likely to forge ahead even if the instructions seem complicated. Like those that say "For ages 16 and up." Because of TSO, I'm likely to READ warning labels, but not as quick to heed them. The same applies to expiration dates, unless it smells funny. But, I'm terrified of getting caught breaking the rules. Because of TSO, I'm OK w/ occasional procrastination. I say "just a minute" more often. I skip quickly from one task to the next. I'm often distracted. In the last eight years, I've learned it really ain't that big a deal. I can say, "no." And then, dig in and really mean it.
But, on the flip side. I will not quit if I can't get something to work. An iPhone sync. An application. A stuck zipper. I will stamp my foot and say ugly words if I don't figure it out. It will ruin my whole day. (BLOGGER!! Worst. Computer. Software. Ever. Is it even "software?" Whatever. SUCKS!!) I often run from conflict and I need to quit that. Band-Aids fix most anything. Things are better if you have a BEST friend. And bubble baths are more trouble than they're worth.
My clothes match.
My shoes can't be too tight.
Certain funny things have certain funny smells that I really can't abide.
I miss my parents when we're apart.
Movies that aren't even sad make me cry.
Loud music ... the kind you can feel pounding in your chest ... makes me cry.
Arguments? Tears.
I wonder what in the HELL I would do if I ever ran out of gas.
I have a favorite pillow.
And I'm pretty darn complicated.
All things I never knew. Or never knew very well.
Until someone came along who looks a whole lot like me.
(He told me today that slapping the back of ones head HARD while simultaneously crossing ones eyes will leave one "staring at the end of your nose forever." He hasn't convinced me of this yet because neither of us can cross our eyes. But, there's time.)
1 comment:
Do you mean you DOUBT his wisdom?
Post a Comment