Oh, My Dearest Short One,
Never, NEVER could I imagine how proud I would be on the eve of your first spelling test.
What brought us to this day?
Why MUST the time pass so swiftly?
(Thank GOD these are all LONG "e" words!)
You are deeply proud of your effort.
(It just would've been nice had you decided before today you were going to practice your spelling words.)
(Or maybe you could've just told me why the list was even IN your backpack SANS instructions.)
(Don't be coy. 'Fess up. Your brother and your mama before you have HIGH spelling standards.)
(Your Daddy? Not so much.)
You can DO this thing. You can SPELL these six words. Just remember our little hints, and for goodness sakes remember the letter DOUBLE-YOO, because most of the words start w/ that letter.
And don't forget, "Mommy says "shhhhhhh" for S-H-E.
I am shocked at how much more quickly you are letter-writing these days.
You are still "tiny" but so big.
"You are the best mommy in the world," you say.
"You are too," I say.
"I am NOT a mommy!" you say.
GO get 'em, little fella.
It's the first of many.
You can do this thang.
1 comment:
Spelling! I'm LOVING it. And torturing Retta with it.
Will you still be proud if I miss a word? she asks.
Yes I will, but you aren't going to miss any words. Now how do you spell cloud?
I feel like we are living and breathing spelling words around here.
Post a Comment