Sunday, October 5, 2008

Day ... Five

I was asking Mama of the condition of her library post-Ike because she's always collected books. I remember the book closet when I was little and many of the shelves were triple stacked w/ books. And they were always categorized by genre and subject. (And you wonder where I get MY quest for organization?)
"The royal family?" I asked, wincing as I did so. It was the largest of her collections.
"The royal family mostly all survived," she replied. Whew.
"But, the Kennedy's." And she shook her head in a helpless slump. "I couldn't save all the Kennedy's."
FOR THE LOVE OF SWEET CAR-O-LINE!!! Haven't the Kennedy's been through enough, I ask??!?
***
The Tall One had a near blowout and stopped to change a flat on IH-35 today in the vehicle I was very nearly driving last night on the way home from the Gulf Coast, late in the dark w/ a sick, sleeping kid in the backseat. I am deeply grateful for our big, reliable, gas-guzzling heavy pickup. And Deep Woods OFF. I forgot to mention yesterday how thankful I am for DEET. The mosquitoes in Southeast Texas will kick yer ass!!

No comments: