Thursday, October 30, 2008

Would you kindly take a gander at THIS!!

Oh, friends. How I marvel at your generosity and creativity. One time, lots of years back, my college roommate gave me a big ol' box of socks. Socks of every shape and size and theme because she knew I loved socks and because I rarely stopped talking about how much I loved socks. So, for a year, she collected sale socks and colored socks and Christmas socks and Easter socks and knee socks and JUST SOCKS and gave them to me for my birthday. It was easily one of the best gifts I've ever received. Kinda like those dreams where you walk into your closet and all your clothes are new? With tags still on?
THIS. THIS birthday treat found this morning on my porch is NOW. RIGHT. UP. THERE. In fact, it's THERE as, oh my gosh, my very most wonderful birthday surprise.
That's a freakin' boat load of "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KATY" in GLASS BOTTLES.
ALMOST MY AGE IN number of DR. PEPPER bottles. WITH BOTTLE CAPS. With. Oh my. IMPERIAL SUGAR. Like, from DUBLIN!! Out West. Where I grew up.
I know. You're wishing I would just let Katy-Gras rest.
Oh, no. Not a chance.
There are drinks to be drunk. Socks to be worn.
Yea, ME!! 10-2 AND 4.
(May I continue to learn from you dear friends and your generous, lovely spirits.)

2 comments:

The Heads said...

Oh how fun and creative! Happy Birthday!

Bubble Girl said...

The greatness and appreciation of the gift is a reflection on its recipient. Happy Katy-gras!