The Short One STUCK WITH ME on the pumpkin carving this year. From start to finish. He IS my little holiday helper. The Big One is off to cooler stuff, like friends and well, anything else, but The Short One will stick around 'til the respective holiday has BLOWN UP all over our porch and house.
We carved two pumpkins with me high on my first allergy pill of the season. I held off as long as I could, but the dust in the hay of the pumpkin patch. LORD!! It'll kill ya.
And some of you might say "money grows on trees." But, I'm here to tell you that "happy things grow on my front porch."
THIS was sitting there all prettily bowed when I got home from the 'patch.
Looks like it says "Mad House," which we ARE. But it really says "Mad Housewife," which I LOVE. And it's WINE. Which I dearly love. And don't you just dig her glasses? And PEARLS?? It's going to be the very best chardonnay.
So ... socks. Dr. Pepper. Wine. I'm fairly easy to please. 'Round about 2001, ON MY BIRTHDAY, I learned I was expecting The Short One. Really, I found out ON my birthday! (The Big One became REAL on Mother's Day a few years earlier.) I really DO have the most wonderful birthdays. And Mother's Days.
It's almost over. And it'll be Halloween. And it'll be all about YOU!
And I can't wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment