Thursday, October 9, 2008

Nueve.

That's nine days til my birthday. No, wait. That's nine for the day of the month. That's ni ... oh, I've forgotten how I'm counting this thang, but my birthday's the 30th. Today's the ninth. And it was perfectly perfect.
GORGEOUS morning that was cool and the boys deemed "freezing." But not as freezing as yesterday when it was certainly going to SNOW.
A fantastic meeting w/ fantastic people and a cause that is well ... fantastic. Over pumpkin coffee. Never short change the pumpkin, I say. In ice cream, custard. And now coffee.
A run that was less than fantastic on a great trail, but the company and the intent were super. I was just too full of pumpkin coffee and not enough prep. Gotta run more.
A lunch that was vegan and vegetarian and fab. And, well, if I had little ladies running plate after plate of hummus and tahini and millet out to me w/ delicious sauces ... I'd be a full-time vegan too. But, I don't think I can make a green in my kitchen taste that appealing. At least not w/o a heapin' helpin' of bacon and salt.
I washed it all down w/ two mini Baby Ruth's and a 100K bar.
Then I or the pizza guys screwed up the pizza order and that put a kink in the evening. But, string cheese held us over til the pizza man arrived.
The house is filthy and cluttered and I'm full of millet and sleepy.
Today I talked to two different doc's offices and BOTH, when I relayed my birth date, said "Oh, you have a birthday coming up." Yesssss, I doooo. Where IS your TIP jar??
Tomorrow is Day Ten. You don't have to endure this much longer.

No comments: