Monday, October 5, 2009

25 days and counting. And I reminded my children this morning.

Tho' I confess to taking two Advil after the first night of suffering on an insufferable mattress/foam pad at mommy camp, I am grateful for my strong back that will be 40 in 25 days.
I also want to show my "gras-ti-tude" for this yoga pose that Suz and I learned last week. I might've used it to relieve my sore back at camp had there been a wall in the cabin NOT obstructed by bunk beds or boxes of wine.
Last week at yoga, when I finally got my backside close enough to the wall to then "thread the needle" and "sweep" my legs into a vertical pose, I giggled. In yoga. I don't think there's a name for that. But, it reminded of those days at Judy Moore School of Dance when we earned an hour of acrobatics. We called it gymnastics, but it was an hour of rolling and somersaulting and giggling. I loved those awesome fun side rolls where you'd tuck your shoulder to roll on your side and fan your legs in the air. Tough for me to explain but easy to remember. In fact, until last week I didn't realize I'd forgotten. I haven't forgotten the lemon drops Mrs. Moore doled out at the end of every session. Or the red hots in the seasonal pot of hot Dr. Pepper.
But, I digress.
It's called "legs on wall" or some such.
There is rolling and fanning involved.
And giggling.

1 comment:

Madre el said...

Lemon drops! Had forgotten!