My digital camera. Aye! I truly miss the ease and anticipation of 35mm film. You handed over the roll to the developer and you never quite knew what your were gonna get. Granted, when you're trying to get the best Christmas card photo, this is not a good thing. But, I used to love those rolls that sat in the camera for awhile and held a few dusty images I'd forgotten I ever snapped. I understand that w/ my digital camera, I have the benefit of choosing the BEST shot. And not PAYING for pix I don't need. Like numerous angles of my new rain boots. But, I had not uploaded a picture to be developed since FEBRUARY! I successfully sent almost 900 shots to my photo Web site, and that took half a day (while I was simultaneously trying to get my online banking files in order) but NOW! NOW!! I have to decide which photos to print. I'm sure it will be less than half because many of them are trying to get my sweet boys to smile. Open your eyes! Look at ME! ME!!
And then the banking. Surely not everyone balances their checkbook to the penny each month?!?
FREE me from that, would ya?
My email boxes, files and archives. THOUSANDS of files. MANY of which could be deleted. So, I started w/ junk in my inbox and got rid of roughly 6,000. And by "junk," I don't mean YOU.
I AM A HOARDER OF E-FILES!! You may intervene if you wish. (THIS, by the way, is a GREAT show. And I'm relieved that there was finally a successful intervention this week. They usually fail.)
Netflix requires I maintain a computer queue.
Carepages.
Signmeup.
Snapfish.
THIS HERE BLOG!! Things are great when they work. But, the other night I spent way too many minutes trying to reset its clock. And forcing it to schedule a post. In the FUTURE. It can do this. I KNOW it can. And it wouldn't.
Even my children's religious education "home work!" Good LORD!!
There's no disputing that technology has saved us from sure ruin as a civilization. I will not tell it I hate it to its face. The benefits far outweigh the trouble; the "slavery." I think.
And now my lovely phone. It'll do whatever I tell it to do. It's very compliant. It even puts its socks on in the mornings w/ no fight whatsoever. And combs its hair. But, in order to TELL it what to do I have to KNOW what I want it to do. How many THOUSANDS of applications are now at my fingertips? I don't know. A lot.
So, I found a free one yesterday. A tip from a Facebook friend. This application will store the numbers of all your shopper discount cards, produce the bar code which can then be scanned (ideally) by the clerk right from your phone. (It's called Cardstar and I haven't seen it in action yet, but it looks pretty cool on the screen. And the idea is fab.)
I signed up for a discount card here once. One of the best stores in the world.
And yesterday they sent me this.
And it's a REAL necklace. Inexpensive candle+inexpensive cord+clasp = happy customers. Brilliant marketers. You people I know who are in the BIDNESS. Jewelry or otherwise. DO THIS! This makes me very happy and very likely to use my 15% off coupon. (Even tho' that won't pay for the gas to get there. I feel SPECIAL! And this is the point.)
In "Gras-ti-tude" for the gift of choosing how I spend my time. For the gift of tools "designed" to make it easier. For knowing when to say WHEN ... and stop ...
Gotta run ... I hope you enjoy your day.
No comments:
Post a Comment