Thursday, October 8, 2009

Veinte Dos ...

Today I'm grateful for lunch boxes.
"Say whaaaaat??" You say.
Yesterday, one of my favorite Internet "Friends" sat on Oprah's big comfy couch. She explained how grateful she is for being able to do even the littlest things for her children and her family. Bathe her children.
Prepare their meals.
Oprah shared a letter from another mother, whining like we all do about the highs and the lows and the often mundane days of motherhood. One of her "mundane" examples was the "grind" of fixing her children's lunch boxes EVERY. MORNING. "Why won't they just buy their lunch??"
Sounds extreme, I suppose.
But, I've done it!!
I do it!!
The very same words have come out of my mouth.
TO MY CHILDREN!!
Until this morning.
This Internet Friend Who Survived a Fiery Plane Crash, who can bathe her children but can't pick them up even when they ask to be held when they're cold or hurting, REJOICES in making her children's lunches.
HERE'S TO PEANUT BUTTER SANDWICHES!
And juice boxes!
And fruit snax!
I packed w/ a whole lotta gusto this morning.
Thankful for our health and our means.
And for quiet, simple "Gras-ti-tude."

1 comment:

Bubble Girl said...

It's just so hard to remember these blessings at 6am. But you and your internet friend are right and I will try. I really will.