Saturday, October 24, 2009

6 days and counting.

Someone asked me yesterday how I am "inspired" each of the 30 days of "Katy-Gras" to post all this stuff about ME.
Someone asked me yesterday how I'll celebrate my fortieth birthday after all the emphasis on the "countdown" and the "Gras-ti-tude" and THE ME and all.
I guess the answer to both is, by just being grateful.
There's no real plan for a celebration.
No real method to the posting.
In "Gras-ti-tude" for all that.
And for rest.

We ran the speediest we've EVER run in our short race this morning. SPEEDY. And, I was the one who made the foolish observation, "She's the one over there in yellow," when I was trying to point out a familiar face. That's like saying, "The lady in pink," at the Race for the Cure. LiveStrong is a SEA of yellow. And in the years I've participated, it's gone from a mightily NOT-scenic "out and back" with nary an aid station near the Expo Center, to a thrilling marketing marvel at the Capitol. Everything is branded and packaged and organized and YELLOW. Yellow boxes of yellow chalk to write upon the race course. And these simple yellow cards at the Livestrong Village to adorn w/ honorary and memorial stamped messages ... "I'm a survivor," "In it for the fight," and such. All to affix to this very mod metal "clothesline" w/ mod metal clips to match. I really dig "theme-y" things like that. The attention to detail. Image.
I made one for "Woman!"
She was proud of me.
She also commented on my short hairdo.
She notices details too.
And then today she sent me this picture of her w/ her darling new niece.

I'm proud of her too.

No comments: