Thursday, October 22, 2009

T Minus 8 days.

I am grateful for our Plain-Bellied Sneetch. For the uncanny ability of The Big One to grow about 25 feet in courage and self-confidence OVERNIGHT and take on 5th grade musical auditions. This time two years ago, he wouldn't consider taking part in choir "because of the MUUUUUsical." This time last year, he firmly stated he would go no closer to the stage than to pull the curtain or switch off the lights. And in a few short months, he's grown to believe and to try and to perform.

Oh, and one last thing. In "Gras-ti-tude" for the school district's 2009-2010 Student Code of Conduct which had to be signed and returned by The Snee ... er, THE BIG ONE ... today. It's 81 pages of things your kid can wear, say, brandish, do or not do to screw up royally in school. The fact that these rules are in place at all, and I'm glad they ARE, helps me appreciate just how darn good my kids are. (Or maybe it's an indication of what I have to look forward to. Naaaaahhhh!)

1 comment: