Sunday, October 18, 2009

Day 12. D'OH!! iPhone needs a flash!!

Once the crowd had dispersed and the "house lights" came up, The Big One took the outdoor stage w/ his Famous Uncle and Sweet Josh, much to the chanting and cheering and utter delight of his adoring fans.
Me.
The Tall One.
The Short One.
A couple of The Bubbles.
And Uncle Wiggly. The dog.
They played The Big One's original composition.
They "plugged in" so The Big One was the lead. The "star of the show."
Famous Uncle instructed Sweet Josh, "Listen to it first. He's gonna do a thing you might not expect."
The Big One whispered to his Famous Uncle, "I don't think I can do the part, you know, that part that I don't think I can do."
"Don't worry. I'll do that part."
And he did.
And my "Gras-ti-tude" is immense.
Famous Uncle didn't want us to push The Big One to perform. So we didn't. Well, I kinda did. But relented when he repeatedly said no.
So, while all the other students performed early in the evening, The Big One ran around, chasing his friends, sweating and eating sugar cookies topped w/ whipped cream. A LOT of whipped cream.
But, when the pressure was off and everyone was gone. He played.
I have a grainy, black iPhone video of it. A sound recording only, really.
Sweet Josh stayed and played when his family at home probably needed him. And he was tired.
Famous Uncle already had most of the "plug ins" unplugged when The Big One decided to jam.
But, he replugged.
The Bubbles cheered and clapped.
The Big One smiled.
Uncle Wiggly yawned and sauntered home.
A perfect jam.

2 comments:

Madre el said...

And that is how it begins!

Madre el

Bubble Girl said...

THIS Bubble is verklempt to have missed it. I have lamented my early departure ALL DAY! But the Bubbles who stayed and cheered have RAVED! So proud of him!