We are a bit too grateful for the proximity of
this restaurant to our house. Our school. Our football practice field. Our church. I believe we could live on these burgers. Just plain. Meat and cheese. And the fries. When we moved from West Texas one of the things we missed most, aside from wide open spaces, pickup trucks, cotton, and STILL the best Chinese food buffets I've ever tasted outside of Vegas, was a good burger joint. West Texas has Rick and Carolyn's Burgers and Fries. I can't remember if THEY called themselves B & F (for Burgers and Fries) but we did. Something about those tasty burgers. And fries. LINES many, many people long after church or on Saturday at noon. Here in Austin, we know about Dot's. Fran's. Dan's. Culver's. Hut's. Until now, there hasn't been a simple, delicious burger in our lives in a convenient location. Culver's is very close, but turning out of their parking lot onto the four-lane near our house is tricky. So, we've fairly overdosed on P. Terry's lately. And they hand out dog bones at the drive thru. Big ol' dog bones. For your dog. Isn't that cute?
Thing is, there was the day I bought an industrial-sized box of those sweet and salty peanut bars that The Big One loved so much. Then, he didn't love them. At all. I am hopeful that my 2.5 burger eater (Yes, he can eat 2 and ONE HALF burgers.) won't change his tune. Because I might cry.
And have you tried these? Wow.
And if you've ever been blessed to try this. Or see it taught. Or see it work. You would lay off the burgers, fries and desserts to write them your last check.
In "Gras-ti-tude" for burgers, fries, desserts and the things that really matter.
No comments:
Post a Comment